Thursday, September 17, 2009

beware of the bite

i really love dogs.

i always grew up with dogs and i am truly looking forward to the day when i live in a stable enough environment to have my own.

until then, i will be forced to google all the 100's of dogs i see walking the streets of new york every day (that has been another awesome thing about new york...all the dogs!)!

but i found out earlier this week that even the simple act of smiling at a cute dog can bring comments from men; as i mentioned in a previous blog the comments from males to females in this city is constant.

while walking in the bronx with a coworker, a dog and his owner were walking towards us. it was a puppy with big, goofy paws and ears that'll take months for him to fully grow into.
i proceeded to do my normal routine i do almost every time i see an adorable pup, i started smiling and cooing how cute he was to my coworker. the dog's owner must have been able to read my facial expression because as we passed by the pair he leaned into me and said..

"if you wanna pet the dog you can pet the owner too."

seriously?

1 comment:

  1. OMG Maria, is it just me or is NYC the horniest city in the country?!?! I mean, we all got our fair share of comments working at CCF but the amount you've received in the short time you've lived in New York is CrAzY! Stephanie has never mentioned anything about this to me, maybe it's you? You're just too sexy for the Big Apple. . . heehee

    ps: I took Spanish in high school, couldn't roll my R's and then took French [my favorite language] in college. Let's face it, real spanish speaking people talk so fast and with a thicker accent that you cannot understand them even with taking courses.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete