Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Week of Work...

ok. i have completed my first "week" (it was only 2 days) of work!!
i got into the city on tuesday night and was to start at the hospital on thursday morning. i thought that wednesday would be a great day to practice going to work. i bought a subway pass; navigated my way through brooklyn, manhatten, and the bronx; and got myself all the way to the hospital's front doors in one piece (it only took an hour and 15 minutes)!
so wednesday i laid down to go to sleep--all excited for my first day on thursday-- and as i started to close my eyes.. i kept them closed and kept them closed and kept them closed a bit longer but nothing. no sleep. i laid awake most of the night tossing and turning in true neurotic/anxious maria fashion.
the alarm did finally go off at 6:30, but i guess to my subconscious it wasn't important for me to get up, so i shut the alarm off and kept sleeping. at 7:07 i sat up in bed, looked at the clock, and screamed. I had to leave at 7:30.
while running to the subway i wasn't too frazzled because i was so happy that i was able to grab a cup of coffee to go. i went for that first sip and noticed the arm of my shirt was wet. I smelled it. My coffee had leaked on the arm of my cardigan. No biggie right? Just take it off. While standing on the subway though i looked down and saw that my beautiful white khakis were now designed with brown coffee spills down both legs.
Just take them off? :)

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you...I have yet to ride public transportation here in Portland, but start work on Tues. so I'm going to ride the bus. Hopefully I don't spill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like no taking off of the pants please! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete